July 24, 2015
Release # 20150724
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Military Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA – On July 23, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted eight airstrikes using fighter and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 19 airstrikes approved by the Iraqi Ministry of Defense using attack, fighter-attack, bomber and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
“Coalition airstrikes in coordination with Iraqi Security Forces continue to destroy ISIL units and equipment around Iraq,” said Col. Mike Indovina, CJTF-OIR spokesman. “The coalition’s persistent attacks reduce ISIL’s ability to mass and maneuver forces thereby giving the ISF an operational advantage.”
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Al Hasakah, six airstrikes struck an ISIL large tactical unit and four ISIL small tactical units and destroyed an ISIL fighting position, two ISIL structures and an ISIL vehicle.
• Near Kobani, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and an ISIL structure and destroyed an ISIL headquarters, an ISIL logistics hub and an ISIL structure.
• Near Al Qaim, one airstrike destroyed an ISIL excavator.
• Near Bayji, two airstrikes struck an ISIL large tactical unit and terrain denying ISIL a tactical advantage and destroyed five ISIL vehicles.
• Near Fallujah, three airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and three ISIL bridges and destroyed an ISIL excavator and an ISIL motorcycle.
• Near Habbaniyah, one airstrike destroyed two ISIL fighting positions.
• Near Makhmur, four airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and an ISIL building and destroyed an ISIL vehicle, an ISIL mortar system, an ISIL weapons cache and four ISIL fighting positions.
• Near Mosul, four airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and an ISIL heavy weapon and destroyed four ISIL heavy weapons, four ISIL fighting positions and two ISIL bunkers.
• Near Ramadi, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL tanks, six ISIL armored vehicles, three ISIL heavy weapons and an ISIL structure.
• Near Sinjar, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL buildings.
• Near Tal Afar, one airstrikes destroyed four ISIL bunkers.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group’s ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and the U.S.