August 1, 2015
Release # 20150801
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Military Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA – On July 31, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted 11 airstrikes using fighter-attack, attack, bomber and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 19 airstrikes coordinated with the Government of Iraq using attack, fighter-attack, bomber and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
Coalition forces conducted an airstrike today to successfully destroy an ISIL staging area facility near Mosul, Iraq.
“By destroying staging areas like this one, we diminish Daesh’s ability to conduct their terror operations in this region,” said Brig. Gen. Kevin Killea, CJTF, Chief of Staff. “Inevitably, these weapons and supplies find themselves in the hands of ISIL terrorists combating the ISF and terrorizing civilians.”
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
· Near Al Hasakah, five airstrikes struck two ISIL large tactical unit and three ISIL small tactical units and destroyed four ISIL motorcycles and an ISIL resupply area.
· Near Aleppo, two airstrikes struck an ISIL large tactical unit and an ISIL tactical unit.
· Near Dayr Az Zawr, two airstrikes destroyed two ISIL buildings and two ISIL vehicles.
· Near Kobani, two airstrikes struck two ISIL large tactical units and destroyed four ISIL fighting positions.
· Near Al Qaim, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
· Near Habbaniyah, one airstrike destroyed an ISIL recoilless rifle.
· Near Haditha, two airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL sniper position.
· Near Makhmur, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
· Near Mosul, six airstrikes struck five ISIL staging areas and destroyed three ISIL fighting position.
· Near Ramadi, four airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position, an ISIL mortar system, three ISIL vehicles and ISIL IED materials.
· Near Sinjar, three airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and two ISIL light machine gun positions and destroyed an ISIL light machine gun and three ISIL fighting positions.
· Near Tal Afar, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL light machine gun and an ISIL fighting position.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group’s ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include
Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and the U.S.